Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Renee vs. Meatless Meat

The other day I was at Target running some errands for my mom and I found meatless mandarin chicken. Like the kind they make at cheap Chinese fast food restaurants. I thought I'd try it out. Turned out to be very delicious. I burnt it a little but it's better than under-cooking it. I'm a horrible cook so that's basically my motto.


I decided to stop eating meat a few years ago. June 2008 to be exact. It was difficult at first but I'm glad I made the decision. There are many reasons I don't eat meat and I won't start preaching. Suffice it to say I like to live as guilt free as possible. I also though avoiding meat would be healthier. However, that's not always the case. I'm a big Michael Pollan fan and his books Food Rules gives tips on how to eat healthier. 

One of the main things is to eat natural food. And fake meat products are definitely not natural. So it's a constant goal of mine to rid myself of these "meatless" meat products. In the meantime, this was really delicious!



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...